Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Virtual Engagement Associate Program (VEA) was launched to support experienced FAs by executing aspects of their individual business development strategies. By leveraging Morgan Stanley’s state-of-the-art tools, VEAs help Financial Advisors (FAs) increase client engagement by managing their digital presence via social media and business websites, creating consistent client-specific communication based on Morgan Stanley’s unique Next Best Action tool, building authentic goals-based financial plans for clients and prospects, and more
The VEA Associate Desk Manager role is a unique opportunity to prepare and develop their skillset for a career in the Wealth Management segment of financial services. VEA Associate Desk Managers will work in a centralized location to provide virtual support to FAs in areas including digital engagement, client prospecting, and financial planning.
Associate Desk Managers assist with a variety of functions across the VEA Program. They provide support to VEA Desk Managers and VEA leadership across a variety of disciplines.
Responsibilities may include:
- VEA Associate Desk Managers may have a small number of FA assignments. Proactively analyze client relationships and make recommendations to FAs on how to supplement the client experience
- Assist VEA management with coaching, development and training of new VEAs including assisting with training, reinforcement of policies and procedures
- Facilitate calls with Complexes/Regions as it relates to marketing VEA services Effectively convey the VEA value proposition to field leadership and FAs
- Support the Campus Recruiting process by attending and presenting the VEA role at career fairs, conducting candidate interviews and assisting with various recruiting efforts
- Assist with VEA projects as needed, often acting as subject matter experts
- Assist Desk Managers in putting together monthly reporting packet and documentation as needed
- Provide insight and feedback to Desk Managers to enhance reports over time
- Focus on quality management of VEAs on the desk and increase subscription growth by reviewing and analyzing drop/resubscription rates
- Assistance with VEA training program administration
- Assist with developing and maintaining training materials
- Curate and review training content for accuracy and effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3-5 years of experience in finance, business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, or other business-related field
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam required, Series 7 and 63 required within 120 days of hire
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Exemplary organization and time-management skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently, flexible and detail-oriented
- Authorization to work in the US without durational restrictions
- Successful completion of background check and pre-employment assessment
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $57000 and $110000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.