For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification and transportation solutions in the United States. From the first streetcar that was delivered to San Diego, Siemens Mobility has contributed to the power of connection, jobs and investment to our American cities with eight manufacturing facilities, nearly 4,000 employees and more than 2,000 suppliers across the United States.
Our business unit, Rail Infrastructure, supplies the global market of transport with solutions and complete systems of automation, hardware, and software as well as telecommunications for smart mobility solutions. Our products and systems automate our customers' operations management processes and thus make a significant contribution to improving their economic situation and mobility. In this way, we are contributing to reach our destination faster, safer and more efficiently.
Under close supervision, the Assembler I is responsible for assembling component parts for rail communications equipment. Reports directly to Production Supervisor and/or Team Leader. Shift 1: 7:00am – 3:30pm
The Assembler I will be responsible for the assembly of component parts with the use of assembly prints and Bill of Materials (BOM). The Assembler I will be trained. Also responsible for:
Printed Circuit Board Assembly Focus:
- Read wiring diagram and retrieve instructions from system to determine assembly duties
- Selects components, such as transistors, resistors, relays, capacitors, and integrated circuits to fulfill duties
- Twists, bends, trims, strips, or files wire leads of components holes in boards to insert wire leads, using hand tools
- Press-fits component leads onto board
- Solders wire leads and joints on underside of board, using soldering iron, to route and connect lead wires to board and between individual components
Mechanical Assembly Focus:
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Utilize hand held tools such as hand held screw and drill gun
- Work with quality department to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Wire crimping, stripping, and soldering
- Perform 5S activities and maintain equipment in proper working order, and improve work area cleanliness
- Access and follow schematic drawings from computer system
- Perform required function using the standard work instructions and drawings provided
- Perform work in a safe and healthy manner; ensuring deviations to standard work instructions that will lead to quality, productivity, or safety problems are immediately identified
- Actively participate in cell meetings in order to understand instruction, customer and production needs, quality challenges as well as other key issues
- Identify and communicate ideas to cell leaders that support improving the cell’s performance and the elimination of waste
- Scan on and off of jobs in SAP system
- Use the cell’s visual boards as a means for communicating challenges to your cell as well as vehicle for receiving information on KPI for your cell
- Participate in Kaizen and other cell improvement teams
- Use Kanban methodology to help team work together more effectively
- Support other assembly production requirements
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement meetings as needed
- Display professional conduct with customers and coworkers
- Will train on all tools needed for position
- Attends Company meetings as required
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge on how to read drawings and any applicable industry standards
- Must be able to read work instructions, schematics, assembly drawings, and prints
- Basic computer skills required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of one year manufacturing experience preferred
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base rate range for this position in Munhall, Pennsylvania is $15.00/hr – 19.52/hr. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.