Autodesk makes the software and tools that help people imagine, design, and make a better world. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with their software. Autodesk offers their employees benefits like:
Job Requisition ID #
NOTE: This is NOT an open position. Please submit your CV here for future consideration.
As a Business Consultant, you will be a strong strategic thinker with broad knowledge across an industry/sub-industry domain and its predominant technologies. Your expert facilitation skills and sharp business acumen will guide customers as they shape their vision in the context of industry trends, emerging technologies, and their desired business goals.
You will work closely with our customers’ senior leadership to develop their digital strategy and define criteria for success, assess current process and project performance, create business value justification for initiatives, and prepare to implement solutions that produce meaningful business results.
- Counsel customers on strategic transformation and innovation initiatives on process plant/factory planning and operation including supply chain integration (eg. Digitalisation, Industry 4.0, Corporate Real-estate Management, Building Information Modelling (BIM), Cloud-Platform, AI, ML)
- Translate vision and disruptive trends into measurable business outcomes
- Work closely with the customer at the executive and senior business leader level to clarify and prioritize their vision
- Recommend options and best approaches to achieve customer solution objectives, collaborating where needed with the Solution Architect, other consultants and other Autodesk stakeholders to prepare and present solutions to customers
- Help prepare, review and manage high quality deliverable documents including proposals, business assessments and recommendations, business process analysis and workflow documentation
- Advise in project cost estimating, delivery methodology and work breakdown tasks of proposed solutions
- Facilitate efficient decision-making processes and issue resolution
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations and identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Become established as an industry thought leader through identifying, creating, and promoting compelling insights related to area of expertise
- Travel up to 50%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Master of Science in Mechanical, Production Engineering or Process Engineering, or equivalent degree
- +5 years of industry experience, ideally in the Manufacturing Industry or within Factory Planning and Operation or Process Engineering
- Deep process knowledge of Autodesk and/or competitive products relating to Process Plant/Factory needs (e.g. AutoCAD Plant 3D & P&ID, Inventor, Factory Design Suite, Fusion 360, Dynamo, BIM 360, Revit)
- Excellent onsite and remote facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to convey complex technical details logically, build relationships, and influence
- Ability to define plausible solution definitions based on product and industry expertise
- Excellent team player supporting and interacting with other members of a shared responsibility team
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.