Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Location:Home - Harlow, The Pinnacles, Harlow, CM19 5BB
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Location – Flexible
Raytheon UK seeks a Simulation Engineer with experience of specifying requirements, developing statements of work, and monitoring both the design, production, and acceptance of complex training devices. This role is ideally suited to an engineer with experience in the defence and/or aerospace/maritime sectors.
The Simulation Engineer will work closely with the Training Equipment Manager to manage and implement the requirements.
The successful applicant will provide simulation expertise to drive the successful delivery of a new training capability. Your expertise in this area will allow you to work closely with industry leaders in simulation technology and develop innovative solutions. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Working with the Training Equipment Manager to define work packages and technical requirements
- Reviewing requirements for training outputs.
- Assisting in the development of procurement strategies for training devices.
- Developing Statements of Work for execution by sub-contractors.
- Specifying relevant technical standards for adherence by sub-contractors.
- Undertaking technical reviews of sub-contractors’ capabilities.
- Undertaking technical reviews of bid submissions.
- Undertaking technical reviews of sub-contractors’ design output.
- Undertaking technical reviews of sub-contractors’ production and integration.
- Providing advice as to industry suppliers’ capabilities.
- Assisting the Systems Engineering Lead in delivery of all contractual outputs.
- Responding to changes in customer requirements
- Collaborating with the wider project team to ensure outputs meet needs of multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in with design/manufacture/integration of synthetic training devices.
- Experience/knowledge of the federation of training devices.
- Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
- Knowledge of the use of Systems of Systems.
- Knowledge of MBSE tools (ideally Enterprise Architect)
- Knowledge of High Level Architecture (HLA)
- Hybrid working - ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Valid driving licence
- Experience in engineering, (mechanical, electrical, software, systems)
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Awareness of model-based systems engineering
- Experience of using container platform and virtualization systems
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms