Location: Newark, New Jersey
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
As an SAP Strategic Pursuits Lead, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working closely with our largest customers helping them shape and enable their digital transformation and cloud strategy. SAP is the Anchor tenant in the data center; pulling with it other large, mission critical workloads. As such, we have strong executive level support and visibility within Microsoft.
Additionally, you will gain exposure and work with our Industry team, digital advisor team and engineering to solution and support the needs of our key customers.Responsibilities
The SAP Strategic Pursuits Lead is accountable for:
- Working with customers to enable their digital transformation and cloud adoption strategy as it applies to SAP and surrounding enterprise applications.
- Engaging Microsoft account and solution teams on shaping and executing against the SAP on Azure sales strategy.
- Presenting to customers in one-many venues on the Microsoft solution strategy for SAP.
- Developing sales engagement strategies leveraging assets across Microsoft SAP architects, Product Teams and Engineering.
- Briefing Microsoft executives around complex sales opportunities, including competitive strategies and close plans.
- Working with partners to engage customers with joint value positioning
A strong candidate will possess as many of the following skills and experiences as possible
- 5 + years enterprise software sales experience in the SAP ecosystem.
- Experience selling SAP products and/or related consulting services into the Fortune 500
- Experience running sales pursuits that require you to align a customer’s IT and Business organizations to get project funding
- Demonstrated ability to run and close deals that require CEO and or Board Level approval
- Experience leading sales pursuits that leverage multiple teams across your organization
- Experience working with Global SI’s to win SAP and/or Cloud Services deals
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.