Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Executive Producer, League of Legends: Wild Rift. The Wild Rift Shanghai team is an interdisciplinary development team that works with partners in China and the US to lead development of the popular award-winning mobile game. The Wild Rift Shanghai team shape the experience for Wild Rift players globally, ensuring that Wild Rift exceeds players’ expectations every single game.
As the Executive Producer based out of Riot’s Shanghai studio on the League of Legends, Wild Rift team, you will lead passionate cross-functional teams as part of a cross-studio collaboration in crafting incredible experiences for players around the world. You will report to the Head of League Studio.
Your work will involve travel to Los Angeles and Shenzhen China.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Lead the League of Legends: Wild Rift leadership team in the development of the game, working with development partners to create amazing experiences for players every day
- Develop and champion effective guardrails and low-touch processes to empower development partners with robust accountability processes
- Ensure that all critical areas of the League of Legends game and IP are on-brand and meet players’ expectations
- Work with development and publishing partners to align and execute on a holistic player-focused strategy for the game
- Build and manage an effective and diverse leadership team
- Be a positive force for the team, identifying critical success issues and risks, removing roadblocks, and driving efficiency and accountability in the execution
- Lead the team to excellence, while promoting an inclusive, positive, and psychologically safe team culture and an environment that motivates developers to bring their best to work every day
- Build trust and work with other Games Pillar Leadership and other cross-company Pillar Leadership in Publishing, Entertainment, E-Sports and Enterprise Services
- Participate in Riot-level planning, collaboration, and accountability rituals (including providing regular performance evaluation of related executive producers and department heads)
- Ensure that partners are informed about development status, risks, and other considerations related to the game
- 8+ years of experience in game production roles focused on product management
- 4+ years of experience in a senior leadership role in an internal game development studio shipping games
- 2+ years of experience in a senior leadership role shipping games on multiple platforms and supporting a live service game
- People management capability, including experience managing and coaching leaders
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry
Business fluency in Mandarin and English
- 2+ years managing a co-development or outsourcing relationship
- Genre affinity for, and deep knowledge of, mobile MOBAs
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.Our Perks:
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.