- Function as Lead Auditor to perform on-site, quality system audits at suppliers and gap analysis in order to assess Siemens BT requirements to ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- Perform on-site and internal supplier development activities via Pareto of defects, 8D, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate problem solving and root cause analysis activities both internal to Siemens BT and external to Siemens BT’s supply base and Customers when required to eliminate recurrence of non-conformance.
- Assume leading role in the development and application of Advanced Quality tools such as: Key Characteristics, Variability Reduction, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Improve key metrics supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier PPM, OTD (Past due) and scrap.
- Conduct manufacturing assessments at suppliers to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvement.
- Develop long-term supplier relationships and generate and Implement cost reduction ideas.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Create and review ISO procedures pertaining SQ activities.
- Lead initiatives utilizing quality system methodologies and techniques to enhance supplier performance improvement. Initiatives may include: Root Cause and Corrective Action methodology, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, 8-D, FEMA, PPAP, APQP, etc.
- Measuring and monitoring supplier performance PPM levels, Supplier Audit Schedule, new product introduction.
- Completes implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Notice System for product improvements, repairs and new product development.
- Manages the effective interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations and marketing to ensure all changes are documented for audit purpose (may include FDA, ISO, IEEE).
- Completes development of systems for and maintains engineering drawings and reproductions, project reports, specifications, product proposals and related documentation.
- Performs Document Control processes to ensure all Procedures are properly documented, updated as needed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Typically 5 – 8 years of experience.
- Technical knowledge and hand-on experience using various measurements equipment (CMM, OGP, Comparator etc) preferable.
- Experience performing gauge R&R studies, control plan and SPC methods in product assembly manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of EMS (Electronic manufacturing Supplier) product and manufacturing processes, methodologies, and inspection techniques
- Detailed knowledge of the latest PPAP and APQP
- Knowledge of machining, assembly & gauging, SPC and Cpk.
- Knowledge of First Article and Critical Characteristic requirements.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results-driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process-oriented and ability to lead and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%).
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with AIAG core tools (SPC, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, MSA, etc.).
- Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage.
- Experience with engineering drawings & tolerance, standards & specifications
- Familiarity and comfort with continuous improvement tools & methods
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.