We as IoT and Platform Services Unit (IPS) are a trusted and valued IT partner of Siemens business units in mastering the challenges of digitalization. Together we create and operate innovative, Siemens-wide established platform solutions.
We as a IPS cross-function stand for IPS operational excellence and have product ownership and management of applications and tools required for stable, secure & complaint IT operations management.
We design, develop and manage a landscape of various applications and tools required for
operational excellence of high security in-house data center as well as different cloud environments.
We ensure security and operational availability of all critical IT services and applications of IT IPS as well as its customer.
We ensure highest level of process quality via digitized support as well as its documentation as
prerequisite for auditability and certification of operational compliance and excellence.
We create cross-unit expertise in tooling area for operational excellence, to provide value-add for IPS to deliver sustainable and reliable IoT Platform and Factory Digitalization services.
- Product Ownerships for applications and tools required for stable, secure & complaint IT operations processes and management.
- Evaluation of market leading solutions for operational excellence with best fit for IPS scope.
- Overseeing and management of the whole architecture of the tool landscape – while streamlining and modernization of its building blocks.
- Improve the automation of the entire tool landscape, its scalability and re-usability for the IPS scope.
- Drive/Foster transformation to an OT Service Provider.
Change the future with us...
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the design of the tools new architecture to support the transformation to an OT service provider.
- Preparation of make-or-buy decisions for new tools required for IPS operations.
- Concept creation/design, definition, test, further development and management of tools and Oracle Application Express applications based on Linux, Oracle databases and web servers considering requirements of IPS operational excellence, solution scalability, customer requirements and costs.
- Issuing specifications for development, checking feasibility or implementation of technical solutions.
- Taking care of seamless integration within the overall tool landscape for operations as well as into overarching Siemens SIAM Framework
- Configuration, maintenance and testing of tools and applications in own area of responsibility,
- Checking the solutions to be implemented for functionality (if necessary, carrying out a pilot and evaluating this test operation).
- Ensure operation, processes and drive automation within the data centers with guarantee of the ongoing operation of the system management team (tools and monitoring) incl. 24-hour on-call service.
- Collaborate / coordinate with Oracle Application Express tools developers and other service owners, customers and users. Develop and deliver appropriate information sessions and training.
- Independently review and expand personal competencies related to current and potential future workplace requirements.
Building success from your skills and expertise, including:
- Master’s/Bachelor degree in IT or comparable education with many years of professional experience + further training.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Solution and Domain Architecture projects.
- Proven IT architecture knowledge in the IT/OT environment.
- > 5 years of experience in management of tool landscape, development and administration of applications, tools and software development (APEX and DB strongly recommended).
- In-depth knowledge Change Management, Request fulfilment.
- Very good IT know-how and has strong conceptual thinking.
- Is familiar with Power Shell, Oracle APEX, Python, Perl.
- At least basic knowledge in operations – server systems, databases, network and cloud
- Distinct communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication in English.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Please send your CV in English, otherwise your application will not be considered.
This opportunity provides flexibility in location meaning that we are accepting candidates from all over the world. Your preferred location will be asked during your application.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
We're connecting diverse talent to big career moves. Meeting people who boost your career is hard - yet networking is key to growth and economic empowerment. We’re here to support you - within your current workplace or somewhere new. Upskill, join daily virtual events, apply to roles (it’s free!).
Are you hiring? Join our platform for diversifiying your team