EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
Motive Power applications include industrial lift trucks and pallet jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker, Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution.
Sets up and operates MIG welding equipment to fit and weld fabricated sheet metal parts into fitted boxes to specified dimensional tolerances by performing the following duties.
- Inspect parts for defects from previous operations.
- Must be able to satisfactorily perform all duties and responsibilities referenced in the work instructions for this position.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings and blueprints and use a tape measure correctly.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime daily or weekends or have your daily scheduled changed with little or no notice.
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma/GED, or 1-3 months related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in local language, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to do basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, percentages)
- Metal fabrication experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled