American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading payment card issuer for businesses in the United States and supports business owners and companies with products and services to help the run and grow their businesses. Operational Excellence at American Express is a comprehensive and integrated program designed to identify , measure , report , monitor and control operational risk exposures of various business processes.
The GCS Operational Excellence team works together to ensure organizational priorities are executed in a manner consistent with internal policy as well as external/regulatory expectations while enabling growth, achieving a superior customer experience and driving efficiencies across 26 proprietary markets.
The GCS Audit and Regulatory Exam team sits within the GCS Operational Excellence team and manages internal audit, independent compliance testing and regulatory exams for the Global Commercial Services business. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting internal audit group (IAG) exams. Incumbent should be self-motivated , with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or autonomously on multiple audit engagements simultaneously.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage end to end internal audit exam process including pre-audit planning, fieldwork support and report issuance.
- Drive pre-audit planning process with OE colleagues and process owners, prepare risk assessments and manage action items to closure.
- Partner with business contacts on response to audit and exam inquiries and provide consultative guidance
- Centralize and coordinate internal audit requests, gather, review submit and archive response materials , coordinate meetings as required, validate potential findings with business owners
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships across the organization to endure high quality, on-time deliverables
- Create and maintain senior leadership reports and presentations
- Strong control mindset
- Ability to ask the "right' questions without having extensive knowledge in a particular business area
- Intuitive skills to understand implications of the risks inherent in products, transactions and processes
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Time management skills and the ability to be flexible, prioritize and multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- Experience working with audit, compliance, operational risk, regulatory exams and/or control functions preferred
- Knowledge of GCS products and processes a plus
- Bachelors degree
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2019, 6:17:00 PM