We are seeking an exceptionally skilled and highly effective Associate Director, Data Engineering to join our Digital Insights team. They will be player-coach technologist that will contribute towards the architecture, development, and maintenance of the next generation content delivery platform for moodys.com.
As part of the Digital Insights team, they will be supporting one or more engineering teams, lead technology transformation and accelerate the journey towards the highly-available, scalable Cloud native technologies.
This key member of our team is integral to the entire data engineering practice, including analysis, requirement specification, use case and technical design, development, testing, and implementation. This individual will be focused on delivering assigned tasks and/or specific tracks of the solution on time, escalating issues when appropriate as well as educating and leading others in the form of code reviews, workshops, and documentation.
· Help the larger Digital Insights team in defining solutions, integrations, and technical architectures
· Assist with the estimation of development tasks, project planning and roadmap initiatives, risk identification and mitigation planning
· Participate in the software design, development, and implementation of data pipelines, data processing and ETL operations, data access services alongside product development and DevOps teams supporting both large structured and unstructured data sets
· Support and contribute to the continuous improvement, tuning, applications, infrastructure developments, process controls, and upgrades of the data systems
· Provide guidance, hands-on development and operational support for the deployment of database scripts and changes across multiple environments
· Collaborate with Moody's technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation
· Manage individual time and tasks as well as guide and mentor junior team members
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Master's is a plus - or equivalent experience
· 3+ year of experience contributing to and providing technical leadership in a data engineering or software development team
· Experience within all phases of software development working across Agile teams, product owners and external stakeholders
· Experience driving technical ideas and communicating clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
· Strong development, testing, debugging skills at all levels (unit, system, integration, and performance testing) along with detail-oriented documentation skills
· Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
· Hands on experience implementing, managing, supporting, and developing services using NodeJS with AWS database technologies, AWS RDS (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and AWS DynamoDB
· Strong database engineering skills with emphasis in MongoDB and AWS DynamoDB
· Experience working with big data technologies: Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, AWS Redshift, Snowflake Data Cloud
· Experience working with search technologies: Elastic, AWS OpenSearch, Apache Solr
The Bonus Points:
· Experience with development languages: Java (Spring Boot), Scala, Python
· Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design, and architectural patterns
· Experience working with website/product data and analytics
· Experience with development technologies: Git (Bitbucket or GitHub), Jira, Rally, Asana, Selenium, SonarQube, maven, Jenkins, Cypress, Postman/Newman
· Experience with AWS cloud technologies: ECS/Fargate, ECR (EC2 Container Registry), Lambda, DynamoDB, API (Application Programming Interface) Gateway, VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), ALB, NLB, Elasticsearch, Neptune, Elasticache, Aurora PostgreSQL
· Experience with container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS (EC2 Container Service)
· Working knowledge of other web technologies: Content Delivery Networks (CDN) (Akamai, CloudFlare), Web Application Firewall (WAF), Nginx, HAProxy, Apache Httpd
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement
. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law
. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
For US-based roles only: the anticipated hiring base salary range for this position is $130,800 to $229,750, depending on factors such as experience, education, level, skills, and location. This range is based on a full-time position. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for incentive compensation. Moody’s also offers a competitive benefits package, including not but limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, life, disability, and accident insurance, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.