The Role: Lead Software Engineer
The Location: Charlottesville, VA; New York, NY; Richmond, VA
GL: 11 (for internal use only)
The Team: Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our News publishing applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The Impact: The work you do will be used every single day, it’s the essential code you’ll write will be used by S&P Global analysts to publish the news and provide equity analysis, research, opinion, and performance data to help clients/investors to make informed and take better decisions.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Develop high-quality design for data and analytics projects
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in Agile software development environment
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, high quality and efficient code
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team and help them adopt change as new processes are introduced
- Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter authority
- Develop solutions to develop/support key business needs
- Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
- Produce system design documents and lead technical walkthroughs
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- As a team-member should continuously improve the architecture
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in application development using Java/Java based frameworks and use of databases
- Hands on experience in functional, distributed application programming.
- Experience in Cloud Platform(s) and Microservices
- Strong Core Java 8+/Java EE hands-on skills.
- Experience in working with Java EE container services for web applications
- Experience in working with JDBC and coding procedures, functions and triggers using SQL through Java.
- Strong fundamentals of relational database concepts, Graphical User Interface, and service-oriented architecture.
- Command of essential technologies: Java, EXT-JS, Spring Microservices, AWS, Docker, Oracle, SQL, WebLogic.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Hibernate, Web Services, REST API, ODATA and Java Script.
- Knowledge of streaming systems such as Kafka and Sonic streaming is a plus.
- Must be a quick learner to evaluate and embrace new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead, train and mentor
- Portfolio based SAFe Agile.
Compensation and Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 - $170,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 277381
Posted On: 2023-09-28
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States