We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for the Software Lead/Architect position. The Software Lead/Architect will leverage his/her strong software design and programming skills to provide technical leadership and build software solutions to address complex business needs.
- Technical lead for software development project teams
- Provide solution blueprints, build architectural framework, and develop real-time scientific software
- Work with Product Management to interpret business requirements into technical specifications
- Individual coding and can troubleshoot design and code bottlenecks, performing code reviews quickly and efficiently
- Provides technical direction in area of specialty on major products.
- Mentor, direct and monitor the work of other programming personnel across large scale development projects including involvement in design and milestone reviews.
- Operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex design projects.
- Assess and recommend tools, technical stack, and processes for optimal product delivery
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas and products in the engineering organization and guides their implementation to a final product.
- Works on designs that span several groups or affect hardware decisions.
Required Education and Skills
- BS in computer science or related STEM field
- 7+ years experience leading AGILE teams
- Fluency in several programming languages/technologies such as C++, C#, Python, XML, JSON, WCF, WPF, XAML with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Experience developing software that directly interfaces with electrical devices (sending/receiving data, controlling electrical devices via software)
- Strong knowledge developing real time multiple threaded applications
- Proficiency with MVVM, MVC, OOO design patterns, SOLID design principles
- Understanding of common DevOps, CICD processes and SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills in complex engineering projects, involving mechanical and electrical engineers, acoustic and electromagnetic scientists
- MS, PhD in computer science or related STEM field
- Strong C++ is preferred
- Experience modernizing legacy software such as MATLAB applications
- Understanding of EDGE devices and real-time acquisition applications – troubleshooting from firmware to the software application layers
- Strong preference for prior experience building petrotechnical and real-time acquisition software in the O&G industry, especially wireline logging tools
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing thin-client software
- Experience with SOA architectural style, specifically in microservices development
- HPC experience – Multi-threading, CUDA, Spark processing
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure Docker containers, Kubernetes, DataBricks
- Knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks and packages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Node.js, Angular, React, protobuf, grpc, ASP.NET
**Candidates having qualifications that exceed job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 171572
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.