At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
This role will be leading business development of web3/ blockchain-based product business to drive revenue and OKRs for the league in Asia region.
This person will:
- Drive business development and account management for web3 projects to drive growth of NBA's business in Asia;
- Oversee the creation, implementation, strategic management and profitability of partner promotional programs and initiatives;
- Drive partner sourcing/ management, and manage creation, development and commercialization of web3/ blockchain-based products;
- Manage key NBA accounts to enhance promotion and visibility, meet partner objectives, and increase revenue and fans base for the League in Asia region;
- Build and manage relationships with cross-regional/ cross-functional team members including Marketing, HR, Finance, and Legal, to align teams on business proposal, planning and project execution.
- Curate and maintain active engagement with web3 community (e.g. NFT marketplace, venture builders, technology partners, crypto-exchanges, community platforms, consultants, web3 foundations) and C-level executives in web3 industry, to drive business development and growth;
- Deal sourcing, drive the sales process to engage with potential partners and meet sales targets;
- Create pitching materials, pitch and build relationships with prospective partners and internal teams;
- Lead in the identification, creation, and selling of opportunities to further develop the partners' relationship with the NBA, WNBA, G-League and USABasketball. Identify and pursue additional revenue/ upsell opportunities;
- Work closely with the other business units to identify common goals and constraints in supporting all aspects of business development across the business.
- Drive web3/ blockchain-based project plans and timelines across multiple business teams, support teams (marketing, legal and finance), and 3rd party providers;
- Manage all stakeholder relationships including supporting prioritization, estimating timelines, assessing and mitigating risks, building detailed project plans, tracking milestones, and running key stakeholder meetings;
- Facilitate internal and external communications (e.g., task coordination, progress tracking/reporting, dependency management);
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to drive web3/ blockchain-based products launch in Pan-Asia market
- 10 - 12 years working experience, with roles in international business development and technical project management. Previous work experience in crypto/ web3 business development is preferred;
- Proven track-record for closing deals, meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs;
- Strong track record of building and maintaining a network of relationships to help navigate complex situations and foster long term opportunities. Strong proven ability to deal with ambiguity;
- Experience collaborating across teams and regions to keep alignment on digital transformation efforts and assure collaboration and best practices.
- Tech-savvy, strong passion and belief in crypto space, web3 and blockchain-based products;
- Strong network in crypto field (e.g. web3 game developers, NFT marketplace, venture builders, technology partners, crypto-exchanges, community platforms, consultants, web3 foundations) and C-level executives in web3 industry;
- Deep industry knowledge and in-depth understanding of blockchain and web3 ecosystem. The candidate is expected to be familiar with the leading crypto products, and have knowledge of how different blockchain protocols operate;
- Strong background in strategic business development and partnership marketing;
- Proficient in financial modeling, valuation analyses, research, market sizing, memo writing and slide building;
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Fluent in English and one Asian languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, or Vietnamese).
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering.