Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
Netskope Cloud Data Plane engineers architect and design one of the most scalable, high-performance cloud data planes in the world, processing 10+ Gbps of traffic, performing deep inspection using state-of-the-art techniques like AI/ML to detect activities and apply advanced policies like DLP, Threat and UEBA protection, all at line rate.
What’s in it for you
In this role you will be a key member of the NG-SWG team supporting our in-line CASB and SWG products, both of which have been recognized by Gartner as market leaders in their Magic Quadrant reports:
What you will be doing
- Design and develop features on the cloud data plane
- Use advanced data structures and algorithms in C, C++, Python
- Build services that inspect various network protocols such as HTTP at line rate
- Analyze content in real-time to provide security
- Perform deep inspection of traffic in near real time
- Work on features like DLP and Threat protection
- Build sophisticated key management algorithms
Required skills and experience
- 7+ years of industry experience building high-performance data plane services
- Experience in network and web security technologies (firewalls, web security, IDP / IPS, DNS based security, etc.)
- Good fundamentals of TCP, TLS, HTTP protocols are a must
- Http proxy experience is a must
- Programming mastery in C/C++ and Python
- Strong understanding of computer architecture – multi-threading, CPU scheduling, memory management
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structure to implement Real-time inline data processing
- Good knowledge of Linux at a systems level
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills using debuggers like gdb and tools like Valgrind
- Proponent of TDD a big plus, knowledge of various unit testing frameworks
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.