Come join a creative engineering team at Esri focused on designing and developing the next generation of solutions for working with raster and imagery in the web. We’re looking for a smart, user-focused developer to join our agile development team and help push the boundaries of web development while putting their mark on next-gen Esri software. Join our talented team of engineers and help build new and exciting software that runs on browsers, enterprise class servers, and in the cloud.Responsibilities
- Work in a team environment to develop software for the management, manipulation, and display of raster and imagery data in the web
- Work closely with design teams and product owners to define, design, and implement features
- Implement secure, performant code to develop new user-facing features, spanning a wide range of UX such as Charting, Forms, Mapping Controls, Navigation Controls, Analysis Tools
- Implement functional and unit tests to maintain the quality of our codebase
- Practice disciplined software engineering such as automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code
- Ensure Components meet Accessibility, Internationalization, and Localization requirements
- Diagnose and fix software issues
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers across teams throughout the development process
- Experience with HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics
- Experience with API design, Accessibility, and Internationalization
- Experience designing and developing UI/UX that simplify complex workflows, while keeping designs flexible for handling unknown scenarios
- Experience in areas of data analysis, and data visualization – particularly in the realm of communicating analytical results as informative, interactive, charts, etc., would be advantageous
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS JS-API is a plus
- Experience with writing testable software
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Familiarity with GIS applications/technologies and knowledge of raster and imagery
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $93,600 - $156,000