Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
The Avionics Hardware Design and Support team in the Computing Products department has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Engineer. This team is responsible for the development and sustainment of state-of-the-art avionics hardware products and systems used for data concentration, advanced I/O processing, synthetic vision, display processing computers, and connected aircraft enablement for commercial, business, and regional aircraft platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder
- Experience interfacing with manufacturing personnel and processes
- Experienced in a lab environment performing hands on troubleshooting with complex engineering equipment
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and independently on assigned tasks
- Experience as a technical lead and/or project lead of a team in the design, test, analysis, integration, qualification, and documentation of hardware of high complexity
- Schematic capture of digital/analog mixed-signal electrical circuit designs
- PWB layout experience
- Experience with RF designs and testing
- Experience implementing designs in compliance to DO-160 and DO-254 standards
- Experience interfacing with complex embedded devices (microprocessors, graphics processors, memory)
- Formal qualification experience (preferred DO-160 standards)
- Understanding of Design to Cost (DTC+), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Test (DFT)
- Project leadership experience
- Experience with bidding, estimating, project planning, developing and executing schedules and milestones, tracking and maintaining budgets
- Support products at all phases of the product lifecycle (design & development, transition to production, factory support, service support)
- Root cause analysis of product returns from the field
- Obsolescence resolution activities
- Requirements capture, reviews, and verification
- Execution of complex microprocessor and FPGA based circuit board design including schematic capture, part selection, and simulation
- Oversight of complex printed circuit board layout
- Implement designs that are optimized for a balance of cost, manufacturability and testability
- Implement designs that are in strict compliance to DO-160 and DO-254 standard
- Execute board bring-up
- Review product designs and engineering documentation
- Prepare and present project technical information to peers and internal/external customers
- Prepare artifacts and package submittals for product design approval certifications (TSO, PMA, etc.)
- Mentor new engineers
- Leads the development of project plans, schedules and budgets
- Tracks progress, identifies and resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules to ensure smooth project operations
- Monitors costs and re-estimates project costs on a monthly basis to maximize project predictable performance
- Identifies and addresses project problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects
- Facilitates project tasks with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives
- Maintains and presents monthly status report to management to track progress and ensure that established targets are met
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms