We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
The Business Solution Manager is a customer facing and field-based role that has the mission to create new opportunities by understanding evolving customer needs at the Executive level, develop value-added solutions and coordinate internal and external stakeholders to provide those solutions to Stryker’s customers.
This role will take a broad strategic view of the external health landscape, contributing to market access strategy and collaboratively develop business solutions to deliver profitable sustainable revenue growth within the division and cross-divisionally, reducing complexity and enhancing customer experience.
The role reports to the identified country divisional leader. The BSM will coordinate with the key divisional stakeholders to build strong customer relationships in targeted accounts. In addition, the role is instrumental in ensuring cross-divisional collaboration, resource optimization and communication throughout the organization.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
Business Planning – Strategy
- Develop business plans to establish short-term, mid-term and long-term goals for the division and customer.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions, pricing strategy and differentiators with a view to develop and implement new business solutions, advance Stryker’s portfolio and distribution channels where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively and provide input to key stakeholders to include Market Access, Commercial Services, Government Affairs, Finance, Legal, Compliance or Clinical teams.
Focus on targeted accounts
- Identify, select and prioritize strategic targeted accounts, relevant commercial opportunities and value-added business solutions that have collaborative results for the customer and Stryker, delivering simplicity and reducing complexity.
- Be the interface with the target group at Executive level on various customer types (hospitals, GPOs, insurance companies, public administration) leading to a better customer experience.
- Engage in consultation with applicable functions such as Commercial Services, Legal, Finance and Compliance, Clinical, Medical Education and R&D to ensure developed solutions are in line with Stryker expectations and guidelines and preserve appropriate separation from commercial interests where required.
- Identify key points on the customers strategic agenda. Understand customer needs as they may be affected, prioritize as they relate to Stryker’s business, and utilize internal relationships and resources to lead and implement value-added solutions.
Strong Emphasis on Demonstrated Cross-divisional collaboration (50%)
- Be an active champion of collaboration by engaging with cross-divisional peers and Commercial Services to actively identify and develop opportunities that result in accelerated growth for Stryker.
- Align and coordinate strategic accounts, opportunities and value-added business solutions with other divisions, leveraging the approach as “One Stryker”.
- Understand and champion the Win Big Together collaboration model within the division.
- Be the main point of contact in the division for relevant cross-divisional opportunities in target accounts.
- Share best practices across the network of BSMs and other stakeholders.
- Actively communicate and share projects, opportunities and developed solutions internally with General Managers, Business Solution Managers, Country leaders across divisions and countries in the region. Support country organisation with pipeline management.
- Leverage an extensive network internally with division leaders, key division stakeholders, enabling functions, other division BSMs, to maximize the “One Stryker” approach where appropriate.
- Economics or business degree desirable
Experience and competencies
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrate expertise with CRM systems.
- Experienced on tender/contract management.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams through influence and not authority.
- Current or previous track record of success preferably with an understanding of the healthcare environment
- Documented success of relationship building stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Preference for multiple years of experience in areas listed above.
- Customer focus. Keep the customer’s needs at the centre of all planning activities, encourage communication, drive execution, and foster innovation, as a means of providing a best-in-class service
- Ability to engage customers at Executive level (KOLs, Hospital Director, C-suite) within the healthcare environment, with particular focus on procurement regulated environment.
- Strong ability to navigate complexity and negotiate large scale cross-divisional deals.
- Ability to influence, communicate and cascade relevant information within matrix environment.
- Represent the Stryker brand with high ethics and integrity. Strong understanding and application of legal and ethical standards, including applicable competition, anti-bribery laws, and industry codes of practice for developing compliant business solutions.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/