SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now and next in culture. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for a Data Scientist for the SoundCloud Music Discovery (Search and Recommendation) group with a mission to help users to find and play what they’re looking for and enable them to explore further to discover great, new music that exists nowhere else and connect directly with the artists who make it. In the role you will be working in the multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists focused on exploring, designing, building and deploying state of the art Machine Learning algorithms with a focus on delivering high accuracy music recommendation at scale.
- Research, design, build and deploy state of the art Machine Learning solutions to domain problems with a focus on delivering high accuracy at scale
- Ensure high availability and consistent quality of your services through design and development of automated testing and monitoring
- Read, analyze and implement scientific papers in the form of production ready code
- Contribute to team strategy and mentor colleagues in your field of expertise
- Influencing product decisions and scope
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, a quantitative social science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in AI/ML and up-to-date with recent advances in the field
- Solid knowledge of basic machine learning and deep learning concepts and modern frameworks (Tensorflow/Pytorch/XGBoost) .
- Solid foundations in mathematics and statistics
- Professional software development and analysis experience in Python.
- Strong SQL skills and the ability to perform data analyses using a data warehouse.
- Experience exploring and understanding behavioral user data, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to deliver concise, actionable solutions from disparate sources of data
- Solid communication skills and enjoy working as a part of a cross-functional, solutions oriented team
- You seek impact and outcome, drive innovation and apply agile best practice
- We are a multinational company with offices in the US (New York and Los Angeles), Germany (Berlin), and the UK (London)
- We provide a flexible work culture that offers the opportunity to collaborate and connect in person at our offices as well as accommodating work from home
- We are deeply committed to ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of our organization and fostering a community where everyone’s voice, perspective and experience is respected and heard
- We believe a strong team is made by investing in employees through mentorship, workshops and enrichment opportunities
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog
- Not located in Berlin? No worries, we offer extensive relocation support including allowances, one way flights, temporary accommodation and, by partnering with Expath, on the ground support on arrival
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity and Wellness benefit!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 35 days of PTO annually
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate and advanced
- Various snacks, goodies and 2 free lunches weekly at the office!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. With this foundation, we aim to build a social platform and global community for everyone to create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where individual contributions are valued. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, migration background, national origin, age, disability status, or care-giver status.
At SoundCloud you can find your community or elevate your allyship by joining a Diversity Resource Group (groups focused on people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, and women). You may also participate in inclusive workshops, contribute to our Cultural Moments series, vote on organizations for the SoundCloud Community fund’s support, and more!