At the Esri R&D Center-Vienna, Austria, we drive innovation in Indoor Positioning System (IPS) technology to enhance the capabilities of indoor mapping for both casual and power users across all platforms and devices.
As a talented software engineer experienced in GIS technology, you will work with a growing team to translate user requirements into the design of high-quality products for our customers. Understanding how our users apply ArcGIS to real-world scenarios, you will contribute to the design, documentation, testing, release, and deployment of ArcGIS IPS.Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and specification of new GIS capabilities based on deep understanding of users’ experiences, requirements, and challenges using the ArcGIS system
- Write supporting help topics, assistance guides, and address questions on product forums and websites
- Build and execute manual and automatic tests in support of an agile product development team
- Write testing procedures and scenarios using Python scripts or write sample code to demonstrate product capabilities
- Develop new ideas and best practices for modifying and extending our product
- Coordinate with team members and respond to high-priority Technical Support issues
- 3+ years of experience supporting software testing or software development within an agile environment
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or other GIS and mapping products
- Experience with C++, Java, Swift, and Python
- Strong English communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, GIS, geography, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- Master's degree in computer science, GIS, Information Systems or related field
- Software testing experience supporting mobile applications
- Knowledge of TeamCity, Jenkins, or other continuous integration/continuous delivery tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.