The Team: We are looking for an exceptional Lead Software Engineer to help us build and manage a new agile team in a multi-team effort to deliver the next generation cloud-based solutions for our Commodity Insights division.
Collaborating closely with the other team leads your ideas and solutions will drive future architecture and technology choices. We are a people-first culture and pride ourselves on our agility, flexibility, and diversity.
The Impact: In this role you will have the opportunity to build a new agile team from the ground up, using your expertise to hire the best talent, build a team culture, where your blend of collaboration, technical prowess, cross functional interactions, team mentorship, and overall problem solving will be relied upon to lead your team towards continual improvement in software engineering excellence.
You bring a combination of an understanding of building cloud-based software products, experience working in a multi-team, geographically diverse environment and are skilled at driving high efficiency engineering teams using Agile methodology.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to build your own team from scratch
- Work in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Work with cutting edge, cloud-based technologies
- Help shape our future architecture and technology choices
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices.
- Develop front-end and backend components of the Web Application.
- Collaborate closely with other lead developers, front-end designers and product owners.
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and the project.
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years’ overall experience professionally developing software products.
- Tech stack: Python, Hosting cloud: AWS, CI/CD: Azure DevOps, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Understanding the SDLC process
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Solid experience in delivering software in an Agile framework
- Fluency in English – spoken and written
Nice to have skills:
- Directly supervised and mentored software development staff
- Demonstrated success leading projects in dynamic, fast-moving environments
- Develop web apps that run on a cloud infrastructure – AWS
- Work with latest technologies
- Cash incentive plan
- Team of great professionals
- English classes
- Five days off for charity/volunteering
- Recharge - is S&P Global’s flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take
- Global Wellbeing Support - S&P Global will reimburse you each year, up to 1500 PLN for wellbeing-related activities, for expenses that help you achieve your own healthy lifestyle – mind, body and spirit.
- 4 additional Wellbeing days in year
- Free day on birthday and work anniversary
- Paid parental leave of 26 weeks for all parents
- 10 days of fully paid sick leaves
- Options to work from home
- Remote recruitment and onboarding process
- Chillout & fun room at the office (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Attractive benefits package (private health care, life insurance, MultiSport card)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate at the office
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: R29429
Posted On: 2023-09-13
Location: Gdansk, Poland