Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Our Digital Assurance and Transparency practice (DAT) is at the forefront of innovation, supporting both delivery of quality, tech-enabled solutions focused on trust and transparency and value-add growth in business and social issues that are top of mind with our clients. You’ll work closely with clients, your Digital Assurance and Transparency team, and our external audit teams to understand the systems and technologies our clients use and how they can mitigate risk. As a Digital Assurance and Transparency professional, you’ll be part of an organization with a focus on quality, value, innovation, emerging technologies (e.g. cloud, digital assets), and growth and gain experience across several of our specialized areas of focus throughout your career. A career within the Environmental Social and Governance team in our Digital Assurance and Transparency practice enables you to have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of professionals that have a blend of sustainability, finance, accounting, and industry expertise who are focused on providing audit and consulting services to our clients to help them build trust with their stakeholders. The practice specializes in providing audit and consulting services in significant areas such as climate change, greenhouse gas emissions, human capital, Environmental Social and Governance reporting frameworks, and sustainable finance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career in our Digital Assurance & Transparency ESG practice will provide opportunities to assist clients in identifying and prioritizing sustainability issues, setting goals that support alignment and integration of the sustainability vision into the overall corporate strategy, implementing policies, procedures, and controls to help companies operationalize and bring to life their sustainability programs, and providing assurance on a company’s sustainability metrics.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science, Information Technology, Sustainable Resource Management, Environmental Science, Analytics
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.0
Preferred major GPA: 3.0
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrate some proven knowledge and ability within the following areas:
- Possessing an interest in all aspects of Sustainability;
- Possessing abilities as team member; building relationships; communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Researching and analyzing of technical matters, while using problem-solving skills. This potentially includes the analysis of large and complex data sets, demonstrating an aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and using the standard firm-issued suite of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, to execute related deliverables;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting clearly when interacting with team members in a professional setting;
- Possessing flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require;
- Possessing prior internship experience in a role related to Sustainability;
- Possessing knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks (e.g., SASB, GRI, CDP); and,
- Helping clients develop their ESG strategies (such as climate risk, diversity, equity and inclusion) by identifying sustainability issues, setting goals and metrics to support alignment of the sustainability vision into strategy, tech enabling their ESG reporting through the implementation of processes, controls and systems, and providing assurance on ESG information.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-assuranceintern