EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
What We’re Offering
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/long term disability, tuition reimbursement, flex spending, and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K plan
- Culture: We value and strive for excellence in all that we do through innovative technology by creating long lasting relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our employee’s skills and competence by providing appropriate training.
Compensation Range: $100,000- $130,000 PLUS INCENTIVE
Compensation may vary based on applicant's work experience, education level, skill set, and/or location.
Under the direction of the Global Director of Strategic Sourcing, Systems, the Lithium Ion/Lithium Cell Sourcing Manager is responsible for sourcing and managing the Lithium-Ion Batteries & Lithium cell Categories through the various stages of achieving Total Cost Management, working with cross functional organizations across the company implementing the company’s Sourcing Strategy.
To be performed cost affective, with high quality and in a timely manner to ensure optimum bottom-line results. This position will effectively communicate with all EnerSys global manufacturing facilities and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries, excellent product quality, continuous improvement for cost reductions and improved cycle times.
*This position will function as a central point of contact that understands both internal & external dynamics that effect development & manufacturing, and provide guidance and leadership to achieve best cost, delivery, quality, service, and reliability in the industry
- Critical understanding and tracking of market trend on his/her commodities. (lead-time changes, Obsolescence)
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment when dealing with critical matters within the Corporate Strategic Sourcing Department.
- Proficiency and core competency of relationship building and relationship management
- Actively manages strategic and tactical negotiations with suppliers in their respective categories in achieving KPIs related to cost, schedule, quality, and other requirements such as Conflict Mineral reporting
- Acts as a liaison to the strategic suppliers/vendors and Supplier Quality with respect to root cause/corrective actions, 8D reporting, and First Article approvals
- Maximizes cash flow as related to purchasing activities, inventory and DPO management.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Establishes and fosters relationships with suppliers to ensure attainment of organization objectives.
- Work in partnership with various engineering teams to develop an approved and qualified supply base, develop strategic partnerships that address our needs, and on an ongoing basis, continuously improve supplier performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e., PM, engineering, quality, logistics, etc.) to continuously improve overall system-level landed cost. Influence engineering and architecture teams for NPI development strategy and implementation.
- Proactively explores new programs for continuous improvements in material and process changes to achieve the best quality, reliability, pricing and delivery from suppliers.
- Collects and formulates supply chain data, advising Director of potential problem areas and making suggestions for corrective action.
- Arranges for sales and/or disposal of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Monthly reporting activities to include, but not limited to, preparation of activity reports, analysis of monthly purchase price variances, cost improvement projects and accurate dollar spend activity.
- Review of KPIs with vendors on a quarterly basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or Purchasing. Master’s degree desirable
- Minimum 7 years previous experience as a Commodity Manager in the electronics industry
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of contract manufacturing in the electronic industry
- Vast experience in the Lithium-Ion Battery industry; specifically related to the automotive sector for OEMS such as Volkswagen & BMW
- Experience with engaging in business with OEM Lithium producers such as CATL & SVolt
- Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with a successful record of accomplishments.
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable solutions. Develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, planning, analytical skills, targets oriented, market awareness and familiarity with MS Office Suite and ERP systems.
- Individual should be highly motivated and committed to professional standards and performance.
- 30% travel will be required for this role and some of it will be International.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled