At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Process Technician - 12 Month Contract (Weekend Shift).
What you will do:
- This position's primary function is that of ensuring that manufacturing processes run consistently and meet performance targets.
- • Actively interface with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, always practicing good teamwork in support of day to day operating requirements.
- • Monitoring and management of production yield performance on assigned lines.
- • Liaising with Team Leaders with regard to productivity and efficiency performance issues on your assigned lines.
- • Engage in mechanical / electrical / electronic troubleshooting, and in resolving hardware /software interfacing problems on the production floor.
- • Diagnose malfunctioning systems to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair
- • Communicating regularly with Operators regarding issues, concerns and
- watch-outs on the lines.
- • Test electrical systems, circuits and wiring in processing equipment and fixtures.
- • Planning, layout and installation of processing equipment on work-stations.
- • Responsibility for product line performance, primarily maximizing productivity of the equipment and minimizing yield loss from the process.
- • Co-ordination of preventative maintenance and calibration activities on assigned lines / process.
- • Identifying and assisting the business with the implementation of technical improvements.
- • Identification of process equipment spares requirements, plus sourcing and replenishment of all such spares from stock in accordance with company policies.
- • Performing equipment qualification and projects work, as assigned.
- • Design, specification, fabrication, testing and documentation of process equipment changes and improvements.
- • Adherence to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements on sites, plus communication of any concerns regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues.
- • Building of Quality into all aspects of one’s work by maintaining compliance with all site and corporate Quality Management System requirements.
What you will need:
- Certificate/ Diploma in Engineering, Science, related discipline
- or hold a trade qualification in electrical, mechanical l& toolmaking or related discipline
- or has 2 years technician experience in a manufacturing environment. Clean Room Environment Preferred. Good knowledge of electronics and software control systems.
- Entry level experience in a modern manufacturing environment ideally with previous experience in some or all of the following:
- - Low / medium voltage electrical power systems
- - Pneumatics
- - PLCs
- - Instrumentation
- - Hydraulics
- - Calibration
- - AutoCAD
- - Injection moulding
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage.
- Business understanding of operations and there impacts essential.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Flexibility essential.
- Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Green or Black Belt 6 Sigma qualifications an advantage.
- Good problem solver and is analytical.
- Excellent customer service and communicates very well with good interpersonal skills.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com