Sales Representative – Patient Care
Who we want
- Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented salespeople who create a track record of success.
- Persuasive influencers. People who understand market positioning and can use their relationship skills and depth of knowledge to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
- Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
- Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people’s lives and making healthcare better.
What you will do
- As a Patient Care Sales Representative, you work strategically to promote and sell Stryker Patient Care products to meet our customers’ needs.
- You are responsible for becoming the resident Patient Care expert as you work with a sophisticated audience of surgeons, nurses, and hospital administrators. Your knowledge not only of your own products, but of competitors’ offerings, builds credibility with your customers.
- You focus on customer satisfaction by demonstrating teamwork and empowerment, solving problems through a consultative approach, operating with honesty and integrity and providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- You contribute to leading in product innovation by listening and working with others and contributing new ideas.
- You take great pride in cost reduction, and commit to on time, complete, and error free shipments.
- As a Patient Care Sales Representative, you love driving in the fast lane and live out your mission to change lives by selling Stryker products that are making healthcare better.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of successful work experience, sales highly preferred.
- Excellent time management, project management, experience with reports and budget, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of marketing, market research, new product development, new product introduction, P/L management, and field testing.
- Must possess valid driver license in the state of residence and a good driving record.
- At times, may be required to move, set up and demonstrate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds - reach, push, or pull in order to accomplish job accountabilities.
- May involve prolonged periods of stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting, standing, and/or crawling as appropriate.
- Coordination of the eye, hand and foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination / memory, reading ability and memory retention.
- May handle various materials including but limited to: durcot fabric, nylon fabric, Velcro, zippers, product components comprised of rubber, metals and coated products.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills specifically relating to stress management, people management and conflict management.
- Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise.
- Must be able to possess written and oral communication / present to large groups of people.
- Must be able to manage time and bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and keep detailed and confidential records.
- Must possess unwavering ethics & integrity in a competitive and demanding work environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results.
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients.
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Learn more about the Patient Care Products:
- Bed Frames– https://www.stryker.com/us/en/portfolios/medical-surgical-equipment/bedframes.html
- Patient room furniture– https://www.stryker.com/us/en/portfolios/medical-surgical-equipment/patient-room-furniture.html
- Support surfaces- https://www.stryker.com/us/en/portfolios/medical-surgical-equipment/support-surfaces.html
12 paid holidays annually
Health benefits include: Medical and prescription drug insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, personalized healthcare support, wellbeing program and tobacco cessation program.
Financial benefits include Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), 401(k) plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), basic life and AD&D insurance, and short-term disability insurance.
For a more detailed overview of our benefits or time off, please follow this link to learn more: US Stryker employee benefits
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopaedics and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 130 million patients annually. More information is available at stryker.com.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program on our referral page
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. Employees and new hires in sales and field roles that require access to customer accounts as a function of the job may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain various vaccinations as an essential function of their role.