Apply your expertise by helping build enterprise-level data access and visualization software that allows server, desktop, and mobile applications to work with a rich spatial information model that includes features, relationships, networks, and topologies.
Join our ArcGIS Knowledge development team and work on cutting-edge projects involving large, connected datasets, scalability, and a diverse computational platform. Utilize your researching skills and build advanced capabilities for connected graph data.
Learn more about what the ArcGIS Knowledge development team is working on: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-knowledge/overviewResponsibilities
- Work on building core data access and management technology to support ArcGIS relational and graph information models
- Work on visualization of connected data spatially and non-spatially
- Build full-stack software components that follow industry-standard modern design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Develop complex software frameworks and solutions to help with a variety of environmental, logistics, and governmental challenges faced by modern society
- 5+ years of programming experience in modern C++
- Experience with modern visualization pipelines
- Solid understanding of database system concepts and willingness to learn new technologies in today’s rapidly evolving database trends
- Desire and ability to research, design, author, test, debug, and profile source code
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Windows/Linux programming skills including .NET and Visual Studio
- Understanding of spatial concepts and map visualization technologies
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms and database services such as Amazon’s Relational Database Service and Azure CosmosDB, AWS Neptune
- Previous involvement in a large software development project
- Academic training in GIS and/or knowledge of GIS/Esri software
- Master’s in computer science, engineering, or relevant experience in above requirements for this position
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $114,400 - $187,200
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.