We’re looking for a Senior Research Analyst, within the Mobility team’s Supply Chain & Technology Division to:
- Perform research around current and future technologies critical to vehicle propulsion and thermal management, covering both conventional and electrified powertrain technology. There will be a specific focus on electric motors, inverters, battery thermal management, HVAC systems and electric engine ancillary components, as well as fuel cell electric vehicles.
- Develop, build and maintain datasets that support our research perspectives, working as part of a global team
- Apply research methodologies and data science techniques to support the evolution of increasingly sophisticated data and analytics
- Proactively build up an automotive industry contact network to generate primary research input, understand customer needs and promote our products
- Evolve in to a position of thought leader on Propulsion and Thermal Management for our Supply Chain & Technology business in Korea and the wider APAC region
You will be working in the Supply Chain & Technology Team, a global research group of analysts, data scientists and project specialists.
We provide customers with information to understand the components and technologies underpinning both current and future vehicles, using a variety of tools to forecast future demand and supply chain strategic shifts. These insights, which take the form of data, analytics and reports, are used across the automotive ecosystem to help our clients develop, evolve and plan their businesses. We serve everyone from OEMs, the supply chain tiers, utilities, government organizations and financial institutions.
- Preferably a degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Electrical Engineering. However, Business, I.T. or other science-based degree qualifications will be adequate if supported by relevant experience
- Prior experience, ideally a minimum of three years, within the Automotive industry. This could be with manufacturers/OEMs, Tier suppliers, consultancies, energy providers or similar companies. This would be focused in areas such as research & development, market planning, advanced engineering or supply chain management
- Fluency in English is essential. Any further languages beneficial
- Knowledgeable in data manipulation techniques and full competency in Microsoft Excel-based software is essential. Further, more extensive understanding of data science and programming (e.g. KNIME, R, Python, MATLAB etc) highly desirable
- Inquisitive, used to challenging the norm and tackling complex problems
- Data-driven and comfortable working extensively with large data sets
- Personable, you enjoy interacting with clients and new people, proactively developing and maintaining business relationships
- Confident performing presentations to explain your work and our forecasts
- Working amongst a vibrant international team
- Strong track record within the organization of delivering career mobility
- Broad exposure to all facets of the international automotive industry
- Flexibility in working from home as needed
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
We are over 35,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at S&P Global with the excitement of what’s next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world’s most influential companies. You’ll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 280934
Posted On: 2023-05-15
Location: Seoul, Seoul, South Korea