The Live Digital Content Publishing Manager will work closely with NBA content producers and 3rd-party content partners in the production of live-streaming content to drive subscriber acquisition goals and fan engagement of NBA digital products (NBA App, NBA.com). The role will create a cohesive consumer and audience experience by using a mix of internally generated content, source creative, and community content.
- Supervise live streaming activations across the NBA App and NBA.com, from scheduling and implementation to highlights and archives.
- Solid understanding of audience segmentation and technical implementation of streams into digital products
- Lead the Weekly Live Programming strategy and develop key relationships with all collaborators across the NBA and with NBA partners
- Complete daily live streams - from publishing to promotion - across digital channels.
- Prioritize all asks in advance, from copy to graphic creative to messaging (push, in-app) used to promote the event
- Craft a program guide & awareness for live streams
- Build an audience across different cohorts - free, member-gated, and subscription - around live-stream events
- Work with Content Creators & Content Planning Lead to develop video-on-demand assets that can be used to promote past, existing, or future live events
- Work with Owned & Operated to establish standard processes across channels for promoting live streams
- Help develop original creative that will deliver a new audience to the NBA App
- Support additional initiatives, such as alternate telecasts, game-specific streaming (media availability, etc.), influencer streams
- Lead tentpole streaming activations, particularly around All-Star, Finals, and Draft
- Work with International Content Publishing & Regions to develop consistent programming for live-stream events
- Able to work cross-functionally to bring a stream to life within the NBA App, NBA.com. Communication is critical when working to bring a feed from a source to the product
- Align live streaming executions with the Content Strategy team to understand what's working for which audiences at what times - and how can we build upon it
- An expert in the live streaming space with experience for a media company or brand in developing or driving different types of creative content
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the game of basketball
- Strategic in developing content that will be locally relevant for a global audience around the players, teams, and the game itself to showcase across digital channels
- Knowledgeable and curious about the social, digital, linear & direct-to-consumer landscape
- Experience in publishing from a Content Management System (WordPress preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to implement an editorial judgment
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and balance multiple tasks at once with a detailed and thorough approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently as well as within a team
- This position will require some travel, as well as night & weekend work
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative in an ambitious, fast-paced environment of multiple priorities
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global, matrix organization and influence teams to complete goals.
- Champion effective partnerships with external companies, representing the NBA in a manner that befits the organization, working to represent the NBA's interests, but in a way that acknowledges partners' goals as well
- Willingness and ability to engage with stakeholders (including senior executives), communicate insights and problem-solving in a flexible, professional manner
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a social/content/digital publishing role
- You have led live streaming and/or content publishing for digital or social accounts on behalf of a brand
- You understand digital analytics & trends to know the best types of content to use on respective platforms
- Track record for successfully driving digital audience/customer/fan growth and revenue through paid media across platforms for a direct-to-consumer brand.
- Subscription experience is strongly preferred
- Prior expertise working for a sports organization and supporting celebrity/athlete events, preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree or production qualification required; preferably in content production or digital marketing or a related discipline