Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a technical Support Specialist for their Parsippany, NJ facility. Individual fields incoming technical support requests, is responsible for providing complex technical support on fire alarm safety systems, and escalating unresolved issues to ensure timely problem resolution. Candidate must possess excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills, while exhibiting characteristics and behaviors which support Smart Infrastructure Mission, Vision and Values.
Regular working hours are from 8:00am-4:30pm EST, Monday - Friday with rotating shift from 9:30am- 6:00pm. Participate on a rotating week of on-call for after hours (6pm – 8am EST) and weekends/holidays. Travel to assist with on-site support of customer equipment as required.
- Provide technical support to Siemens fire alarm customers via telephone, email, and on-site as required.
- Effectively assist Field Service Engineers and Technicians, serving as the product expert and counseling first level personnel on problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logs incoming support requests issue description as explained by the customer and the suggested resolution details into the company call tracking system in a timely and professional manner.
- Consults and if needed escalates the support request to Application/Field Support Engineers for higher level support.
- Achieves customer satisfaction through timely follow-up and appropriate troubleshooting.
- Provides evaluation and appropriate feedback on service manual revisions, technical bulletins, modifications, and review of new products and procedures to ensure quality field service.
- Basic skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and other critical job related applications.
- Maintains a high level of technical expertise on products supported via online and instructed lead training courses.
- Exhibits professionalism.
- Embraces diversity and respects differences of opinions.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Possesses familiarity with basic operational aspects of low voltage security and fire systems.
- Must have an electronics background and some field service experience.
- Must have experience in testing, repairing and maintaining low voltage equipment.
- Familiarity with computers and basic test equipment needed.
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices. Generally, 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Associates Degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering not required but would be a plus.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.