Use your teaching skills and GIS knowledge to help our customers be successful with our innovative GIS software. Esri instructors provide a rich learning environment through hands-on training, instructional delivery, and facilitated activities.Responsibilities
- Teach Esri software courses in a traditional or online instructor-led classroom to help customers stay on the leading edge of GIS technology
- Acquire the latest professional certifications for classroom facilitation and Esri technology
- Contribute to the development of course materials and other educational tools by authoring content, providing technical expertise, and/or sharing feedback
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with the content development, delivery support, and training sales teams
- Participate in interdepartmental projects, conferences, and interest group meetings to bolster the training we offer
- Support content development through course advocacy, MOOC support, testing, audio and/or video recordings or other needs that are supported by Instructor skills
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience using ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro
- 2+ years should include experience in instructional delivery and classroom facilitation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, and cross team collaboration
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities while prioritizing student needs in the classroom
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 30% of the time, with optional international travel
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in geography, GIS, computer science, physical science, engineering, information science, or related field
- Online teaching may be up to 2 time zones away and may occasionally require coverage in the evening for International offerings.
- Professional GIS industry-related experience
- Experience with web-based meeting tools
- Completion of an Esri technical certification and facilitation certification
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base pay range is $70,720.00 - $106,600.00.