Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability, and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Tester-Inspector for our Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit working with the Low Voltage Motor Control Center product.
- Perform final inspection (electro-mechanical) duties on units for above products
- Inspect each product to company Quality Standards and given guidelines.
- Conduct nondestructive test on equipment to given specifications and drawings.
- Troubleshoot equipment failure and implement corrective action.
- Prepare and maintain inspection and quality reports.
- Work with Engineering and Wirers in a professional manner during test and or reporting of findings.
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others.
- Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- 1+ years experience in test & troubleshooting on similar electrical equipment
- Strong Analytical skills to perform point to point or sequence of operation checks.
- Must have inspection and/or test experience working on various types of electrical distribution equipment such as those mentioned above.
- Experience working with various types of test equipment and have knowledge to conduct Hi-pot tests safely.
- Must have the ability to read and work with schematic drawings/layouts/wire lists, to include circuit troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of proper stripping and crimping techniques
- Must have the ability to work with large power cables including correct method of crimping connectors.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be a strong team player
- Conform with Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety policy and Management System and strive to continual improve the intended outcomes of the Management System.
What additional experience with be beneficial for this role?
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of prior work experience in inspection & testing on similar electrical equipment
- Residential or commercial electrical education or certifications
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of todays and tomorrow’s power grid!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for professional growth & development and our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.