Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Are you someone who loves structuring and closing sophisticated transactions? Do you want your work to be relevant and make an impact in the housing industry at a mission-oriented institution on the forefront of advances in the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) space? We are looking for an analytical and diligent attorney to lead the drafting and negotiation of transaction and disclosure documents in groundbreaking, sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions. Apply now and learn about our benefits and why there’s #MoreAtFreddieMac!Our Impact:
- The Mortgage Securities Department provides legal counsel and execution support for mortgage-related securitization programs and other securities-related transactions.
- This includes Single-Family and Multifamily securities and support of related company and Federal Housing Finance Agency initiatives such as LIBOR transition, ESG and other equity initiatives, development of new products, the Single Security, and the Common Securitization Platform.
- We are a private sector company with a public purpose that offers the flexibility and quality of life provided by a hybrid work environment.
- Collaborate with and improve the performance of the business units by providing timely, market driven securities law, securitization and capital markets legal advice related to management's development, modification and execution of securitization programs and company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect
- Coordinate with peers, lead teams of outside counsel and interact on behalf of the company with regulators and professional organizations
- Implement complicated securitization transactions independently in partnership with various business units
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree; membership in good standing in a state Bar and a minimum of 5 years of legal experience.
- Experience in securitization and capital markets transactions with a law firm or corporate law department.
- Knowledge of federal securities laws and securities market practices.
- Drafting and negotiation of transaction/disclosure documents in sophisticated residential and/or commercial mortgage-related securities transactions.
- Analysis of legal and policy issues affecting the securities and securitization markets; and the creative, collaborative representation of business clients.
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in critical situations, without damage to relationships.
- Possess and develop specific subject expertise with which to advise businesses management, as well as to interact with relevant third parties as the company's advocate.
- Intellectual competence to quickly assume a primary role in the drafting and negotiation of transaction and disclosure documents in sophisticated mortgage-related securities transactions; the analysis of legal and policy issues affecting the securities and securitization markets; and the creative, collaborative “first chair” representation of business clients.
- Very strong attention to detail, ability to manage process, and follow through on tasks, with significant organizational, project and program management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including comfort interacting with internal management and external partners.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeFLSA Status:Exempt
Freddie Mac offers a comprehensive total rewards package to include competitive compensation and market-leading benefit programs. Information on these benefit programs is available on our Careers site.This position has an annualized market-based salary range of $170,000 - $254,000 and is eligible to participate in the annual incentive program. The final salary offered will generally fall within this range and is dependent on various factors including but not limited to the responsibilities of the position, experience, skill set, internal pay equity and other relevant qualifications of the applicant.