A key aspect of working with the ArcGIS platform is documenting the content and items that you create and use—your maps, projects, geoprocessing models, geodatabase datasets, Web GIS items, and more. Metadata is the information that describes these items and can be displayed and managed according to several metadata standards. Metadata supports searching for and discovering items, understanding that the item you found is the one you want to use, and archiving your work.
As a product engineer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, and supporting metadata and search workflows in ArcGIS Pro and throughout the ArcGIS Platform. A key focus is how metadata can be leveraged in the context of search.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to gather requirements, envision, design, maintain, test, and support search and metadata workflows
- Work collaboratively with software and product engineers on the ArcGIS Pro team, and others throughout the ArcGIS Platform
- Stay up to date with the latest metadata standards by communicating with stakeholders, Esri’s customer base, and the user community
- Write ArcGIS documentation to support managing, automating, and publishing metadata and search
- Define and communicate best practices to the user community
- Create tests and build test automation frameworks
- Determine product quality and release readiness
- 1+ years of experience using an application development language, such as Python, C#, and/or Java
- Experience with the ArcGIS Platform, enterprise search, and metadata workflows
- Experience with geospatial, web, and metadata standards and profiles, particularly the ISO 19115 or FGDC CSDGM metadata standards
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning and building software products
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, GIS, Mathematics, or related field such as Library Science
- Familiarity with relational databases and web services
- Experience writing geospatial metadata
- Experience using web technologies such as HTML, XML, XML Schemas, XSLT, JSON
- Experience with software testing tools such as Appium, CodedUI, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber, or related tools
- Master’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, GIS, Mathematics, or related field such as Library Science
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $66,560.00 - $95,680.00.