S&P Global Ratings
The Analyst/Associate will focus on all aspects of the analysis in novel & innovative transactions; including client interaction, coordination of cross-practice analytical expertise, drafting of analytical rationales & collaborating with the Methodologies group to develop approaches to assign ratings to Structured Finance transactions in Brazil, mostly FIDCs, CRIs and CRAs.
Collaborating with Methodologies and cross-practice (Corp, Sov, FI) teams is key, as well as providing cross asset-class (ABS, RMBS, CMBS, Structured Credit) perspectives. You will need to work closely with senior leaders in Latin America Structured Finance and influence senior leaders in across S&P Ratings globally.
- Rate complex deals, and proficiently write complex analytical reports;
- Act as a senior member of rating committees and be responsible for convening and conducting of rating committee deliberations in area of expertise, including acting as the rating committee chair and assuring the integrity of the rating process. Participate as an active, vocal voting member of the committee;
- Serve to establish policy, lead criteria, policy, and analytical deliberations, identify and develop needed changes/innovations in rating methodology/criteria standards and the ratings process, and ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits;
- Display strong sector expertise. Publish timely industry commentaries, and proficiently write sector reviews and thought leadership pieces. Develop and lead ideas on papers across a broad range of issues for publications;
- Coordinate a team of analysts to ensure consistency of analysis, analytical excellence, adherence to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements;
- Act as role model for more junior staff leading by example and providing training and coaching as needed;
- Speaking publicly and representing the company to external stakeholders;
- Understand and implement S&P’s Policies and SOPs;
- Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance Practice as appropriate.
- A bachelor’s and advanced degree is required;
- Financial services industry experience;
- Strong critical thinking skills, along with numerical strength;
- Excellent time management and the ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and multitask;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; the ability to think independently and critically;
- Ability to mentor others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English; other languages, e.g. Portuguese, an advantage.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade Level: From grade 8 to 13 (for internal purposes)
Location: Multiple Locations (Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires and Mexico City)
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 281613
Posted On: 2023-02-03
Location: Sao Paulo, Acre, Brazil