$20,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function works as a provider member within the HBMC interdisciplinary team in the direct delivery of home-based medical care of a population within an assigned geography. Dedicated to improving the health and well- being of patients, this position collaborates with the PCP, HBMC interdisciplinary teammates and consultants, and as needed, the health plan Medical Director and other health professionals, to develop and carry out patients’ goals of care in all phases of the patient journey.
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of advanced practice nursing or physician assistants
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, care givers, and/or their legal representatives, IDT members, PCPs, other collaborating physicians/providers, and facility staff when applicable
- Performs an initial comprehensive assessment on all newly enrolled patients and provides ongoing care thereafter. Develops a patient management care plan upon enrollment and updates it as needed when changes in condition warrant or following hospitalization. Meets with patients and/or their legal representatives to review newly developed or modified care plans; involves the PCP or supervising physician in these meetings, when applicable
- Completes follow-up and post-discharge assessments according to documented standard operating procedure
- Prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary acute admissions
- Comfortable with basic procedures of nursing care, including IV placement, blood draws, injections, foley catheters, nasal packing, wound care, etc. New hire and annual skills check/training provided
- Consults with hospital, emergency or post-acute clinical team following notification of patient transfer
- Educates patients and/or their legal representatives in disease processes affecting patients and ways to manage them effectively, as well as to promote wellness
- Provides counsel, support and education to staff as appropriate
- Actively participates in ongoing meetings pertaining to patient care and clinical excellence
- Implements HEDIS measure campaigns and other quality initiatives to ensure the highest standards of care and to promote the improvement of care management and delivery
- On-call for caseload during business hours. Participation in clinical after hours on-call program on rotational basis
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses, professional meetings and journal reviews
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Current, unrestricted NP licensure in State of Practice
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure in State of Practice
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- 2+ years clinical experience, primary care, home-based medical care, geriatrics or palliative care or emergency/urgent care
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness of NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.