Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Security Services organization is responsible for building core security products and features, such as Data Loss Prevention, IPS, Malware and Threat Prevention, Cloud Confidence Index, and Breach and Anomaly Detection. We apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies across the Netskope cloud security platform. As part of the Security Services org, the Security Efficacy team is responsible for continuous enhancement and enrichment of our malware detection, URL filtering, web security, IPS, threat modeling, and SaaS/IaaS security capabilities.
What’s in it for you
We are looking for passionate and talented junior Engineers to join our Security Efficacy Engineering team as part of our Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) team. This is a unique opportunity for engineers who recently graduated, or who have a year or two of industry experience, and who want to hone their skills and build a career in cybersecurity. You will work with and receive training from a world-class team of engineers, researchers and data scientists as you help to solve the most challenging problems in cloud security.
What you will be doing
- Reproducing network attacks, creating the attack pcaps, developing and testing IPS signatures, and optimizing the signature performance.
- Developing mitigation strategies and signatures for IPS.
- Investigating customer escalations on IPS false positives and false negatives.
- Identifying automation opportunities and developing new tooling to scale and monitor the deployment of an in-house threat intelligence architecture;
- Taking ownership of performance / efficacy test plan development and execution.
Required skills and experience
- Familiarity with a common programming / scripting language
- Good knowledge of computer networking and Operating System (Unix/Linux) environments
- Familiarity with web protocols and web applications
- Bonus points for
- Experience with Intrusion prevention systems and signatures. Familiarity with Snort/Suricata rules will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Python, bash scripting, Linux debugging will be a plus
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Kubernetes) will be a plus
- Experience with maintaining, monitoring, and alerting with metrics gathering tools will be a plus
- Energetic self-starter, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.