$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Opportunities with American Health Network, part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also part of Optum, in the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for employees and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its employees, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work.(sm)
It is time to take your career to the next level. In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. At OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of business, you will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care.
- Location: 8607 East US Highway 36, Avon, IN 46123
- Schedule: This is a 40hr a week position weekly schedule will vary
- Specialty: Express Care
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical equipment & instruments
- Room patients, obtain health history and check vital signs
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software
- Administer medications and perform injections/immunizations
- Assist providers with minor, in-office procedures and perform point-of-care testing
- Schedule appointments, complete prior authorizations, process medication refills, handle referrals and answer patient calls as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or completion of an equivalent adult education program
- Medical Assistant diploma, technical certificate or certification OR 1+ years of experience performing the critical skills of a medical assistant after on-the-job training OR Current enrollment in an accredited medical assistant training program OR Active EMT certification accredited
- Active medical assistant certification (CMA, CCMA, NCMA or RMA)
- CPR certification
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant or EMT
- Experience with electronic medical record software
- Experience performing medical back office tasks including obtaining vital signs, injections/immunizations, phlebotomy, urinalysis and administering medications
- Experience performing medical front office tasks including scheduling appointments, prior authorizations, medication refills and referrals
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.