Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Location:GBR13: Home - Harlow, The Pinnacles, Harlow, CM195BB, United Kingdom
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Information Assurance Engineer - May be based at a Raytheon site or at home
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK is seeking an Information Assurance Engineer as part of a programme engineering team to undertake activities within a major training project. The Information Assurance Engineer (IAE) will be responsible for the information assurance elements being specified, designed and implemented across a diverse enterprise set of solutions. The successful candidate will report to the Systems Engineering Lead. The role will require travel between sites and interaction with the Customer, and subcontractors as necessary.
Key Responsibilities: The IAE will support the Systems Engineering Lead as required. The IAE role is composed of a variety of activities, such as:
- Specification of relevant security requirements.
- Assess technical designs from an information assurance perspective.
- Architecture/engineering support,
- Undertake security impact assessments on proposed changes, where necessary.
- Liaise with the Design Authority to ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and assurance requirements, thus coordinating the strategic planning implicit in these architectures.
- Assist in the review of technical proposals and change documentation as required.
- Consult with IT and security staff to ensure that information assurance is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications and software.
- Design, coordinate, deliver and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks or issues.
- Implement or review technical controls to support and enforce defined information assurance policies.
- Act as point of contact for all system information assurance related aspects
- Provide information assurance review to any management plans, processes or guidance documents as required.
- Provide support to any information assurance incident investigation including the management thereof.
- Review change requests to determine the potential for information assurance impact, or to understand the security engineering effort necessary to fulfil the change.
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action.
- Contribute, where necessary, to the information assurance aspects of change management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the IT industry preferably with at least 2 years of security/ information assurance experience.
- A proven history in Risk Assessment.
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (predominantly 440 and 604), practices and policies.
- Problem analysis and resolution in a defence environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on diverse projects as the need arises.
- Willing and able to obtain security clearance
- Recognised professional Security qualifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, CISM,
- Member of one or more professional bodies that are relevant to the role, such as BCS CITP, ISACA, ISC2 Chartered Institute of Information Security etc.
- Technical expertise with the security lock down of operating systems including Windows and Unix / Linux.
- Technical expertise with the security lock down of hardware including BIOS, Network switches, storage, etc.
- Grounding or qualification in Systems Architecture, such as MODAF,NAF or TOGAF.
- Current SC clearance.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include: Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms