Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Wealth Management Business Development & Field Training organization supports the Firm’s Financial Advisors by managing the field sales support of non-banking products and the business development functions for our branch network.
As part of the Regional Sales Team, the Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for driving revenue growth in their respective markets, executing strategic and tactical initiatives, providing ongoing practice management coaching and proactive ideas to Financial Advisors, and coordinating efforts around local, regional, and national initiatives.
- Working knowledge of the Firm’s entire suite of products and tools
- Ability to accurately and effectively position each of the major product capabilities against suitable client need and, where necessary, refer Financial Advisor inquiry to the right internal partner
- Deeper specific knowledge of platforms / tools supporting the key National initiatives and the specific Regional priorities
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical business plans to drive positive results
- Ability to continuously grow and develop Financial Advisors practices through training, education, and one on one conversation
- Effectively engage with Product Partners across the Firm to ensure your Financial Advisors have the proper training and knowledge of both existing and new tools and resources
- Delivery of initiatives to the Branch / Complex office and Financial Advisor in a variety of methods
- Desk-to-desk rollout of key initiatives
- Deep dive book reviews and segmentation
- Tactical campaigns
- Procurement and facilitation of outside resources
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Wealth Management, as a Financial Advisor (with satisfactory production and compliance record), or comparable product area or management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Active Series 7, and 66 (or 63 and 65) required upon hire or within 120 days of hire date
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstratable ability to establish alignment between the expectations and strategies of different stakeholders
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Confident, flexible, and resilient team player
- Adapts style to build relationships across all levels
- Ability to autonomously develop, deliver, and execute on strategic plans
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).