At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle, in addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, as well as reviewing designs for suppliers and for contract manufacturer implementation. Manufacturing engineer will work closely with design engineering, quality, document control, production (contract manufacturer), supply chain, key suppliers, packaging/logistics, and program management to take product design changes and new product designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
- Interface with design engineering and contract manufacturers to review product designs for manufacturability (DFM) at the PCB, PCBA, and assembly levels
- Provide detailed assessments (especially of critical features) of products, processes, and tooling designs for new and existing products
- Develop, implement, and maintain product manufacturing, assembly, and packaging processes (documentation) on new and on existing products
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve manufacturing KPI’s and product/process target performance
- Document configuration management matrices for new & existing products, and manufacturing control plans for new & existing products, as well as improvement plans
- Develop manufacturing strategy to support product quality & production build objectives, as well as driving tooling design
- Assess existing manufacturing capabilities and implement new processes and/or equipment where justifiable to expand those capabilities
- Define task-project’s scope, manage timelines, and spending against the budget, coordinate with outside vendors, and oversee the installation of new equipment to ensure all requirements are met
- Interact with and manage outside suppliers and vendors, as necessary, based on project scope
- Implement and expand concepts such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, corrective/preventive actions etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process quality and throughput, as well as reduce field issues
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering in the development of new ideas; review of current documentation and implementation of changes as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with hiring other engineers or technical staff
- Provide leadership and training to production team members (Contract manufacturing persons, especially) and fellow engineers (internal team members)
- May assist with performance evaluations (especially Supplier QBR’s)
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information to a general understanding… Thinking abstractly and separating complex ideas into simple elements. Communication excellence
- Extensive proficiency in creating written and pictorial documentation of manufacturing processes
- Outstanding communication skills: Communicate clearly using written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work independently with concepts and documentation from prototype to sustaining activities, as well as working collaboratively in team settings
- Work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive, and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information and priorities
- Experienced with product configuration management (CM) matrices –including CM matrix development for new or existing product lines. BOM structuring/restructuring for manufacturing.
- Ability to develop templates or outlines for critical manufacturing documents before all details are available from R&D (conceptual skill sets).
Education & Experience
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Process/Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of related experience in developing and launching complex assembly processes at contract manufacturers. Experience with complex PCBA SMT assembly and automated inspection tools (AOI, 5DX, Flying Probe, ICT) is very desirable.
- Outstanding technical writing skills. Quickly produce high quality procedures, manufacturing control plans, and checklists. Excellent verbal communication skills
- Training skills and direct training experiences with contract manufacturers and operators
- Familiarity with GD&T standard, ASTM, IEC, JEDEC, IPC, and ISO standards
- Mastery of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Project, Team Tracker, Excel Action trackers or similar
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Solid Works or similar is highly desirable
- Located in the Silicon Valley area to attend meetings, in person, in Fremont and San Jose.
- Expectation: In office or at contract manufacturer sites 5-days/week. Alternate arrangements can be discussed.
- Ability to work with multiple cultures across numerous time zones: California, Minnesota, North Carolina, Germany, France, Ireland, Thailand, etc.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up-to-25 pounds, on occasion.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.