Siemens Industry is looking for a Switchboard Production Planner for our Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. Our growing facility has more than one hundred employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The position is responsible to balance supply and demand and coordinate the different functions within the manufacturing plant to ensure the completion of the customer orders on time in the most cost effective/productive way to meet our financial targets as well.
Our Culture – Plant
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together!
-Coordinate and balance supply and demand. Evaluating work center capacity and material supply to develop detailed production plans to achieve a high level of schedule adherence.
-Works closely with production and customer service to plan and prioritize operations to fulfill customer requirements on time and ensure maximum performance, considering resources needed and available, to meet, at the same time, our financial goals.
-Drive and coordinate daily production meetings.
- Analyzes large amount of data to develop strategies for continuous improvement.
-Review, update and/or fix SAP material master or configurations.
- Responsible for meeting delivery reliability, schedule adherence and cost saving/productivity initiatives for the site.
-Prepare and publish performance reports.
-Support the coordination and execution of customer/engineering changes.
-Work very close with purchasing to ensure material availability
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement.
- 3-5 years of experience in production planning or production control in manufacturing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Well organized and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maturely handle confidential issues with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently as all as in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- APICS Certification is a plus
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Microsoft Access is a plus
- Excel Macros is a plus
-Strong desire and ability to work in team setting
-Strong interpersonal skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.