- Self-motivated individual who can take the initiative to complete tasks. Strong critical thinking and communication skills. Strong analytical skills to evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and present complex data in a coherent manner. Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and prioritize.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player.
- Responsibility for verification of production packaging processes according to specification.
- Verify labels, lot codes, bags, boxes, and pallets are correctly adhered, printed, sealed, and staked.
- Perform raw and packaging component sampling and inspection. Records and evaluate result and report any deviations to supervisor.
- Verify receiving inspection of incoming raw material and inform supervisor if any product does not meet the specification.
- Conduct quality audits on the production/warehouse floor daily to assure that all quality policies and procedure are being followed.
- Assist production with day-to-day quality problems.
- Initiate corrective actions, drive improvements, and verify corrective action completion.
- Collaboratively interact with manufacturing and engineering teams to collecting, analyze, and summarize data; Reports out all required monthly metrics and make recommendations.
- Reduce overall product quality cost by utilizing statistical analysis skills and Six Sigma methodology to drive process improvements, CAPA Verification and Product & Process audits.
- Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility. Identifies and implements necessary statistical techniques as applicable.
- Collaboratively interact with several manufacturing plant quality and engineering teams to collecting, analyze, and summarize data; Reports out all required monthly metrics and make recommendations.
- Manages activities related to product quality concerns, including customer issues, quality performance tracking, containment activities and corrective/preventive actions. Communicate information to corporate office and sister plants.
- Lead problem solving for corrective actions (8D, RRCA) for internal and external requests. Must have excellent problem-solving abilities using systemic, logical, and sequential approaches and provide senior technical oversight for issue/problem resolution activities, root cause analysis and preventive/corrective action implementation.
- Ensures compliance of all quality-controlled documentation, document change activities and record retention requirements. Assist in the formulation and implementation of quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
- Support the design and execution of data analysis and testing on a complex project. Ensures the Pre-Launch project quality planning and testing completed and comprehensive risk management plan for the new product development.
- Work with materials, operations, and Central Quality to prioritize tasks and workflow.
- Review designs, changes, and plans of specifications and processes (PPAP).
- Bachelor's Degree within a relevant Science discipline
- +3 years’ experience in a Quality role in the electro-mechanical industry is preferred
- Effective technical writing, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills are required to engage with various levels of stakeholders and team members in remote locations.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (metrology) for inspection and validation of parts is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, experience with large data analysis, and knowledge of general statistics is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- SAP proficiency preferable.
- Experience leading and/or facilitating Design of Experiments (DOE) and Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) is preferred.
- Certified Quality Engineer CQE or equivalent is preferred.
- Process Excellence Certification, such as Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred.
- Competitive pay.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and paid time off.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.