About this role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is critical to helping senior managers understand the business of investment management at BlackRock. We advise and produce budgets, short and long range forecasts; create and analyze business metrics and identify cost savings opportunities; deliver economic insight into the relationships between costs and revenues to improve the financial success of the business going forward. We are a valued and critical component of the management function, working at all levels of BlackRock to provide both a broad and deep understanding of the firm’s financial position and opportunities.
BlackRock is seeking a role at the Associate and/or Vice President level in San Francisco to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) that supports ETF and Index Investments (EII) – the largest business at BlackRock with $6 trillion in assets under management, including the industry leading iShares ETFs. This role will report directly to the head of FP&A for EII and partner horizontally across the firm with Finance, Operations, Investor Relations, Human Resources, and Technology.
- Develop detailed budget and forecast models to drive high quality decision-making and closely monitor business performance
- Analyze trends in the business and produce detailed reports for senior management highlighting key changes and actionable insights
- Create variance analysis and communicate findings with key stakeholders
- Build the annual operating plan and help lead forecast cycles
- Become a subject matter expert across cost and revenues for the business
- Proactively develop new approaches to assess financial health
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/BA preferably in Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- 3 to 8 years of experience in either FP&A or the financial services preferred
- Track record of strong performance with increasing levels of scope
- Excel skills required; experience with IBM Cognos TM1 and/or VBA skills a plus
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally to senior stakeholders
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented, solutions-oriented
- Professional, positive demeanor and a strong work ethic
For California only the salary range for this position is $104,500 - $120,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.