The Role: Associate, Nonbank Financial Institutions Ratings
The Location: New York, NY; Englewood, CO
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 11
The Team: The non-bank financial institutions (NBFI) team within Financial Services division at S&P Global is focused on assigning and surveilling ratings on a range of issuers, with a focus primarily on asset managers and finance companies.
The Impact: The successful candidate will be the primary analyst responsible for a portfolio of credits across growing, changing non-bank sectors. In addition to surveillance of the portfolio, the analyst will effectively communicate with market participants about ratings, as well as fundamentals and trends impacting the industry.
What’s in it for you:
- Access to senior management to hear firsthand of the challenges and opportunities our issuers face
- Work in a team of experienced analysts to assign and surveil ratings
- The opportunity to collaborate on research on sectors of interest
- Daily interactions with key market participants
- Analyze a portfolio of 14 – 16 credits, largely focused on specialty finance company and asset management sectors
- Prepare for and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information important to our ratings and to explain our credit rating opinions
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication on S&P Global’s credit portal and other media sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Actively participate in management meetings with issuers and rating committees
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the field of credit analysis, ideally of financial institutions
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts
- Be accurate with figures and detail orientated so as to maintain accuracy while complying with deadlines
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written
- Have strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills
- Undergraduate degree, preferable majors in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business related majors.
- An MBA focused on Finance, Accounting or Economics is preferred
- CFA accreditation a plus
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 282877
Posted On: 2023-02-27
Location: New York, New York, United States