Segment: S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Senior Manager, Software Development
The Team: We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled engineering leader for Sustainable1. We strive to deliver solutions that are sector-specific, data-rich, and hyper-targeted for evolving business needs.
The Impact: Sustainable1 is seeking a Senior Manager, Software Development to provide technical leadership for all stages of software design, development, and maintenance for data processing applications. This person would be part of a development team that manages and supports applications that support various datasets. This role expects a candidate to handle any data processing, big data and web application development. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together while working with the larger group of developers on our platform
What’s in it for you: It’s a fast-paced agile environment that deals with huge volumes of data, so you’ll have an opportunity to sharpen your data skills and work on an emerging technology stack.
- Provides leadership in execution and delivery to technology teams in support of the business applications.
- This includes leading and coordinating activities throughout development and ensuring the appropriate use of standard models and software packages, standard methods of integration, as well as the development of common application services.
- Ensure that best development processes and technologies are used in the design, construction, and implementation of applications
- Ensures timely delivery of the application development projects without compromising quality and performance of the system
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors/master's degree in computer science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in application development (including application architecture)
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrates leadership in building relationships with business partners and/or clients
- Experience with Java, Databricks, Apache NIFI, .NET Core, Scala, Python, and Web API.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development
- Experience with large datasets and ETL pipelines in cloud environments (preferably with Delta Lake, Relational database)
- Azure Devops and Service Management for agile software development and ticketing
- OKTA and AWS hosting infrastructure
- Apache Kafka distributed event streaming platform
- Leveraging CI and CD pipelines to maximize throughput and container-based deployment with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Expertise in building even driven scalable & resilient systems
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
Location: Hyderabad, Ahmedabad
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making: We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 279029
Posted On: 2023-06-27
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India