The Role: Lead Performance Engineer
The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
As a Lead Performance Tester, you will make a significant contribution in building solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile/API/Services platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the “time to market” for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
What’s in it for you:
. Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals
· Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing.
· An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Performance, Automation etc.
· A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of Performance QA.
· Being a part of an organization which values ‘Culture of Urgency’ and ‘Shift Left’ approaches.
· A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
· Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
Load Test Design
• Experience in NFR requirements elicitation, Workload Modelling, Capacity Management
• Understand systems environments like shared resources, components and services, CPU, memory, storage, network, etc.
• Predictive workload modelling based on customer production data (Kibana, Google Analytics)
• Expertise on LoadRunner & JMeter for designing performance-testing frameworks.
Monitoring and Analysis
• Extensive experience in APM toolset (AppDynamics, Datadog)
• Experience in in-depth analysis of log and metric in ELK
• Experience in database monitoring to analyze query performance and db bottlenecks (SolarWinds DPA)
Root cause analysis and Diagnostics.
• Identify and isolate performance issues on all layers of application stack including Network, OS, Application and Database.
• Identifying memory level and thread level issue using heap/thread dumps (AppDynamics/Datadog)
• Analyzing Garbage collection logs using verbose GC for hotspot JVM.
• Deep knowledge in SRE activities for business function’s health, Alerting, Notification and Monitoring by continuous engagement with Architects, Product Engineering & DEVOPS.
• Analyzing system memory, CPU and Run Queue and Identifying performance bottlenecks and remedies.
What we’re Looking For:
· Bachelor's/PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
· 7-10 years of experience in Performance testing/Engineering or development with good understanding of performance testing concepts
· Experience in performance testing tools like Microfocus Storm Runner/ LoadRunner/Performance Center, JMeter.
· Protocol : Web(HTTP/HTML) , Ajax Truclient, Citrix, .Net
· Programming Language : Java, C#, .Net, Python
· Working Experience in CI/CD for performance testing.
· Debugging tools: Dev Tools, Network Sniffer and Fiddler etc.
· Experience in monitoring, profiling and tuning tools e.g. CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Datadog, Splunk etc.
· Experience in Databases / SQLs (e.g. SQl Server, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Postgres, MongoDB)
· Experience in message brokers (e.g. Kafka)
· Experience in gathering Non-Functional Requirements (NFR) & strategy to achieve NFR and developing test plans
· Experience in testing and optimizing high volume web and batch-based transactional enterprise applications.
· Experience testing with containers, cloud, virtualization, and configuration management.
· Demonstrate outstanding flexibility and leadership with communication of performance test result interpretation and explanation to both IT and Business Users.
· Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
· Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
· Experience in refactoring test performance suites as necessary
· Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
· Experience in Agile development methodology.
The Location: Gurgaon, Hyderabad
The Grade: 11
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 276342
Posted On: 2023-02-28
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India