Come join a creative engineering team at Esri focused on designing and developing the next generation of solutions for securing ArcGIS applications and services. We’re looking for a sharp, user-focused security engineer to join our Software Security & Privacy team to help push the boundaries of security while putting their mark on next-gen Esri software. Join our talented team and help secure new and exciting products that run on browsers, enterprise class servers, and in the cloud.Responsibilities
- Identify and resolve issues with security design & development patterns
- Test security features and report flaws; participate in remediation of issues
- Collaborate with other developers, engineers, and product managers throughout the development process
- Advance customer-facing security guidance for products (technical papers, and/or presentations)
- Learn Esri’s ArcGIS Products & participate in training opportunities
- Assist with Esri’s compliance obligation and alignment efforts
- Develop and maintain security applications and libraries
- Triage security tool vulnerability findings
- Work with security tool vendor support to address analysis issues
- Research issues related to AWS and Azure for remediation or mitigation
- 2+ years of professional experience supporting security and privacy responsibilities
- Strong foundation supporting virtualized and containerized infrastructure
- Knowledge of web service protocols including such as REST, SOAP, XML, JSON
- Ability to analyze software/algorithms and identify improvements
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure services and configurations
- Knowledge of OWASP, CVEs and CWEs
- Knowledge of SQL for databases
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and willingness to work with diverse teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other STEM field
- Knowledge/willingness to learn software security component analysis
- Direct experience supporting Virtual Machines, Containers, and Kubernetes solutions
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS Products
- Experience driving web APIs using tools such as Postman, Fiddler, or Scripting
- Experience generating SBOM (Software Bill of Materials)
- Experience managing patches and updates to security tools
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS JS-API is a plus
- Familiarity with security compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and FedRAMP
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $81,120.00 - $141,440.00.
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.