Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute - We help our customers move the world.
We seek to hire several Train Service Technicians to (or Qualified Maintenance Person) inspect, maintain, and repair trains. Hours are 3rd shift - 10pm-6:30am (including weekdays, weekends and holidays), but can include dayshift or afternoon shift based on operational needs. Your workplace will be in West Palm Beach, FL.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Perform day to day running maintenance and unscheduled repair to a fleet of locomotives, coaches, and train sets via maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to enforce to and maintain compliance and high-quality standards
- Responsible for keeping workstation and work areas clean and free of debris at all times
- Willing to perform all other functions as needed, including forklift operation, daily cleaning operations, and other as needed
- Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
- Verify that all defects, tasks, and incidents have been reported and detailed in (CMMS) for compliance, issue tracking, and closure
- Provide body/welding/paint repair to locomotives, coaches, and train sets
- Maintain compliance to all Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) related safety rules, laws, and regulations
- Collaborate with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Required experience: 3-5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency
- Detailed knowledge of technical aspects of the rolling stock/depot
- Experience with FRA relations
- Experience with engine, electrical, and HVAC systems
- Experience with auto body or upholstery/seat repair
- Experience with welding, including certifications
- Quality Certifications
Why you'll love working for Us:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in West Palm Beach, FL, is $41,790 - $68,500. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.