Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Siemens is growing and we are excited to welcome new experienced electrical engineers to the LV team! We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and engaging environment for new engineers to quickly develop practical design experience working directly on customer orders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens Motor Control Center (MCC) products along with associated protection and control systems and design appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner
- Work independently and/or lead a project team to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of MCCs, including but not limited to general specifications, layout drawings, unit schedules and bills of material.
- Be a technical project leader taking full ownership of the overall project deliverables.
- Work with application engineering, project management, sales, and customer to resolve technical issues.
- Work directly with the factory manufacturing team addressing any challenges as they produce your designs
- Help improve our products by working collaboratively to identify design enhancements
- Help improve our processes and tools by providing feedback to team leads and business excellent teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 5 years of experience in a technical engineering role, at least 1 year working with in a complex made to order manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
- Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in low voltage power distribution products.
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of protection and control systems and apply appropriate product solutions
- Proven ability to create, convert & modify drawings with Promis.e, AutoCAD Electrical, ELCAD or Engineering Base software. Preference given to experience with Engineering Base.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
- Experience working with an ERP system, preference given for experience with SAP.
- 5% travel required, optional remote work part time
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.