In this position, you will support large, complex Federal services contracts for the industry leader in GIS software. You will conduct detailed risk analysis of complex contract terms and conditions and lead contract negotiations with decision making authority. You will serve as trusted contributors of guidance to division leadership and provide guidance on strategic, high-risk accounts. You will develop and apply mitigation strategies to resolve standard and complex contract issues. You will identify and set the vision and priorities for team enhancing projects, template updates and workflow efficiencies.
A career with our Professional Services Division provides opportunities to collaborate with our diverse customer base in support of innovative, industry-leading geospatial software and database development programs, enterprise software solutions, and strategic product deployment activities. This position gives you an opportunity to make a difference as part of a professional team focused on best practices, streamlined processes, and sound contract management decisions.Responsibilities
- Support the contracting process through the project cycle: pre-proposal review, proposal development, contract formation and negotiation, contract administration, and contract close out
- Manage a complex contracts administration workload comprised of federal agencies and prime contractors engaged in federal projects
- Provide guidance to contract/project staff regarding federal contracting processes, procedures, and application to all contract types
- Oversee the application of contract terms and conditions and relevant corporate policy in regard to federal contracting activities
- Understand FAR/DFAR requirements, GSA contracting, and large systems integrator terms and conditions
- Review technical scopes of work in relationship to contract terms and conditions and identify areas of risk
- Apply competent negotiation and administration skills related to all aspects of federal contracting
- Coordinate with federal compliance entities such as DCMA, DCAA, SBA, DSS, as required
- Provide guidance to management on federal business and policy decisions so that workable solutions are the result
- 8+ years of progressively more complex Federal contract administration experience
- Demonstrated professional experience successfully negotiating Federal contracts and familiarity with large systems integrator terms and conditions
- Prior experience working with federal agencies and federal regulations including FAR/DFAR, SBA, EAR, ITAR, and Defense Security Service
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team and a variety of project management team members
- US Citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a Security Clearance at the TS/SCI level
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Legal Studies, Political Science, or related field
- Knowledge of contractual and legal risk areas, alternative approach techniques, and risk mitigation options
- Familiarity with professional services contract terms, cloud computing terms, software licensing terms, software product development activities intellectual property protection, and subcontracting
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Legal Studies, Political Science, or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $86,320.00 - $156,000.00.